Sussex Bonfire Season 2014

Discussion in 'Firework Events And Displays' started by forrest, Sep 17, 2014.

1. SussexPyroBoy

SussexPyroBoy Pro Firer/Crew

Which society are you in @Shinobi?

2. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

My video of the fireworks from Rotherfield last night. A disapointing finale though.

3. Shinobi

Shinobi Pro Firer/Crew

Hi, I'm in Southover Bonfire society.
    We had a good turn out in Eastbourne last night. 30+ for the first out meeting of the season.
    Just spent the afternoon fusing for a demo show for Phoenix fireworks. Back home for a break and then back to the field for the demo.

4. pyrophil

pyrophil Pro Firer/Crew

see you there

5. Shinobi

Shinobi Pro Firer/Crew

Gah! Just seen this message. Sorry. I saw a Seaford Guernsey. Was that you?

6. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

I drove down to Northiam on Saturday night and it was well worth the effort, for a small village they put on a great show, from the parade, the poppy setpiece, and then a great show from Wizard Fireworks. I loved the Bonfire Chant and the Rookies. A great Night and thanks to all who made it possible. Hoping to visit Ninfield next weekend.:)

7. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

Thanks for coming down to our pokey little village :)
    The poppy was my first attempt at lance work. A few lances didn't fire (will try tapematch next year), but it still looked pretty good.
    poppy.JPG
    This was only our second year, next year will be even better.

ambientskies and Shinobi like this.
  8. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

Fireworks from eastbourne bonfire on saturday night.

9. Winjas73

Winjas73 Pro Firer/Crew

10. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

I had another trip down to Sussex to Ninfield, and Wow what a display, some thunderous Maroons, some Great Fireworks and the Parade, Great Stuff, Many Thanks to all who's Hardwork made this Possible. Hoping to go to Hastings Next week Happy Days.:) This display was Awesome and a credit for a small village.:D

Winjas73 likes this.
  11. Winjas73

Winjas73 Pro Firer/Crew

They was some major Maroon and Traca action indeed, was a great night! Even if did get hit 2-3 times by flying rookies exploding around the fire! lol

12. m00ny

m00ny Celtic Stash Photo Winner 2015 Supports UKFR

Where is best to go tomorrow night? We went to Seaford last year as its closest (coming from Brighton) it was decent but have seen some of you mention Hastings is good, is that the better option?

13. m00ny

m00ny Celtic Stash Photo Winner 2015 Supports UKFR

Went to Hastings in the end, glad we did, some of the shells were huge and so loud you could hear the echo from miles away. My favourite though were the shells exploding on the sea, the best event I've been to so far :)

Not my videos and clearly shot from a long distance away to show the shells on the sea:

Pyro Pete likes this.
  14. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

Once Again Rushed Down To Sussex to watch the Hastings Bonfire, and Wow What a Fantastic Display, some Very Heavy Duty Pyro, some Awesome Maroons, the Water shells looked Amazing, and the Finale shells were very Large. I would Guess about 10" or 12". These Events are well worth a visit for any Pyro Enthusiast Especially if you like it Loud.:) Many Thanks to all who's very hard work made this Possible.

15. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

My video of the fireworks from Hailsham last night. One of the little gems of the bonfire season in sussex i feel. Their tab at the end was Rolf Harris being blown up.

geoff likes this.
  16. Shinobi

Shinobi Pro Firer/Crew

I've been on the BPA Firers course with Phoenix for the weekend but made the trip up to Nevill last night. I like to think of it as revision before my exam today. ;)
    A great show under very windy conditions up at the firesite. Well done Nevill!

Fletching or Ewhurst next weekend. Decisions, decisions.

blackbat likes this.
  17. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

It always seems to be windy up there! I've been up near the barrier in the past and had shells more or less being blown behind me before exploding :).

Shinobi likes this.
  18. Winjas73

Winjas73 Pro Firer/Crew

Both very good, tough call. Probably be at Ewhurst myself.

19. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

Will be at Ewhurst/Staplecross to. Look out for the Northiam group, I will be the one with a big bag of noisy bits and a black mask covering my mouth.

20. forrest

forrest Pro Firer/Crew

You want to be crewing on a display up there! Now that does make for an interesting days work. Wind blows from all directions and so does the rain.