The 2018 BFN Firework Fail Thread

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by K9Girl, Nov 4, 2018.

1. K9Girl

K9Girl Tinsel Town Sales Reduction Ambassador Supports UKFR

Lets here about the fails then.....................

Most of mine were excellent, however;

Some bastard stole the Salutes from my Redemption, not a salute in sight (or ear shot):mad:

My Brocade War, ran worse than last year, fusing all over the place...........:mad:

My Glacier Rising didnt light, the fuse was blown out by the ignitor, but I had 2 x @Zeus Fireworks Crazy Cones either side so it didnt matter that much (Crazy Cones are awesome BTW)

:banghead:

2. Hi K9 sorry to hear about your brocade war, they are the 2017 ones, we are very nearly sold out so I will make sure the next 2019 batch are rectified.
    If you fire at NYE I’m happy to replace the item with another or same value.
    I’m firing a few this evening so I’ll keep an eye on them. o_Oo_Oo_O

3. Your right crazy cones are awesome

elmo, Dynamic Fireworks and K9Girl like this.
  4. Andy Dighton

Andy Dighton Supports UKFR

That's a shame. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the evening.

K9Girl likes this.
  5. K9Girl

The best thing is, no one else knows.................... the night was awesome (if a tad breezy)

6. K9Girl

That would be great Pete, BTW The Indian Scream & Super White Stobe were superb!!

7. @K9Girl my mate from the other forum down in Exeter had a redemption that was missing salutes, he wasn't best pleased either lol. Have to say it did lack a lot of impact without them

I had a primed Krakatoa cone blow last week, fortunately I had my back to it, but it certainly went with a bang! I run a few extra yards from cones now lol

Jon likes this.
  8. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

:huvideo:

K9Girl and hofnerite like this.
  9. K9Girl

Sadly my bro didnt make it back in time, he was duty filmer and I didnt have any time to sort anything, so I only have a bit of mixed mobile footage :(

10. Good to hear! Firing both these next weekend

K9Girl likes this.
  11. Andy Dighton

Andy Dighton Supports UKFR

I screwed up the beginning as Miner's Revenge 1 didn't fire from the remote first time. Also had cross ignition as Diamond Princess was ignited by embers from Claymore. Can't complain as everything fired.

12. Was very disappointed with Hummeroids didn’t produce the same noises as it does on the vids I watched. Not that it mattered. 3 Ques didn’t light which cocked things up a bit but were easily hand lit.

SoyaCo likes this.
  13. Psammead

Psammead Supports UKFR

Hummeroids made some fun noises but as Burnt Fingers says nowhere near that shown in the video.

Was fairly windy where I was in Birmingham last night, so as a lot of the effects were being blown around and towards / into some trees to the LHS of the firing site I decided (during the display!) to lose both Slow Then Go and two of the planned four Dark Demolliesher from the finale.

Ah well - the crowd still seemed to like it!!

14. Benpem

Benpem Supports UKFR

I only had one failure which was the Zeus Twilight candle. Only one tube fired, but at least it was only a candle.

15. PyroAsh

PyroAsh Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Had a Celtic China star destroy itself and took the antenna off my firing system. Also had lots of Jorge strobes that didn't go, but that was more down to my ematch technique.

16. biovalve

biovalve Supports UKFR

My Jorge Wolf fired in about 10 seconds.

I'm wondering if someone got their visco mixed up at Jorge this year what with the Hokus Pokus timing :D

hofnerite likes this.
  17. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

The bain of my life....:mad::mad:

I'm not sure if the problem is a change of fuse spec......or whether atmospheric conditions in China have altered the burn rate........or crap assembly. Never had a conclusive answer, but it is so, so annoying.

Maybe @Celtic Fireworks are knowledgeable enough in manufacturing to comment on this phenomenon? :)

18. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

My biggest issue was my big Vulcan wheel ignited my signature 239 right at the beginning of the display and it was supposed to be fired towards the end with pairs of other cakes fanned, my fault for putting it to close to the wheel.

Noone noticed other than me though.

Lets Party Fireworks likes this.
  19. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

My only gripe this year is about internal cake timings. One Whistling Waves fired in about 3 seconds! 3x Glimmer Glamour all finished at different times.
    While planning my display I watched at least 10 videos of Arctic Burst and 4 that I've fired in the past - all extremely consistent but over-ran by 5 seconds so I was planning to cut the visco to the last slice so they finished perfectly. I'm glad I didn't as both finished 5 seconds earlier than any of the videos. New batch?

I appreciate firework manufacture is not a fine art and timings will vary... but CAT4 seems to be a lot more consistent so it can be done. :rolleyes:

SydB likes this.
  20. m00ny

m00ny Celtic Stash Photo Winner 2015 Supports UKFR

Ditto to the above, had 0 failures but one Tardis fired about 20 seconds slower then the other, always difficult to get timings right with multiple cakes. Good thing is the audience never seem to realise or care.

SydB likes this.