The one that got away

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

This is one that got away this week.......... picture was sent to me from an antiques fair at 7am. whilst I was up in Scotland with rubbish signal. 3 hours later message came through to my phone asking me if they should buy it for me............. by time I got back to them they had left and were on their way home.........
    Along with the countless trips to shows that produce nothing ( today being one of them, 160 mile round trip ) this sort of thing happens. The other side to the latest acquisitions post .
    image000000.jpg image000001.jpg

They told me it was still live, but looks to me like nosecone has gone in which case the motor was live but the head contents must have gone......I've never seen this colour as a flathead version.

Flare Path and Firefiend like this.
  2. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Yes Kev, looks to be missing the top, as you said it would have been a cone of Blue paper. I would give my right arm for a live one

3. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Kev..bad luck..Standard 5 series rockets are like hens teeth..never ever seen a flat head version of these.
    I bet the nose cone has become detached at some point..however..well worth the chase....but as you rightly say you have to,pursue every lead

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. Richard Lane

Here are some Standard 5's from my collection..there is a green series 4 in the LH stock box..all extremely rare these days.
    That said I have a current lead which purports to have what's described as small Standard rockets..mmm ..we'll see..;)

Attached Files:

Escht likes this.
  5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

It may not have escaped after all, took a call on Sunday from same lady that told me about it in the first place and she was arranging to intercept it and grab it for me....... although not heard from her yet and weather may have scuppered those plans............. not given up on it yet.

6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Just had confirmation that it has been acquired for me to pick up in a few weeks time when we next meet up............ so the one that got away...didn't.!

elmo and Pyro Ed like this.
  7. I still have three in there box of the later British ones, the design is like the pink one with the blue label in the picture above, i have the set, Coloured, Animated and Streamer.

8. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

I have one of those size 5s the pink streamer stars one from the 1980s, I am hopeful to find one or two more, those are very hard to come by, same as the other larger loose items really.

9. Richard Lane

Alls well that ends well!!:rolleyes:

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Got to locate a nose cone for it now.............

11. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

The suspense nearly killed me lol :D

12. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Welcome to my world......... like that most weeks, so many things can and do go wrong from first hearing about something to getting it here.

13. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

Tell me about it... Nothing is ever certain until its done!

14. Richard Lane

Kev..I may have a nose cone...PM me ..Ta

15. Rockets i saw back in August.

Attached Files:

16. 33AE0AFF-0430-4EFA-83BE-10802C6F2840.jpeg I have just found some original unused motor labels for those rockets, can’t be many of these about. Ideal for repair jobs.

17. Richard Lane

Mm Chris ..that's a good find for rebuild jobs..:)

Clarenicky likes this.
  18. Richard Lane

Those are absolutely fantastic..Standard No 5's
    Always love Standard rockets..all of the pre plastic age that is.
    I have a goodly number of them in my collection and for me they are one of the very best of the BT era.