Fountain Tinsel Town

Discussion in 'Brothers Pyrotechnics' started by K9Girl, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Damp Squib

Damp Squib Supports UKFR

Lol - Is this really the end...:( Hats off and a moment's silence :D

2. K9Girl

K9Girl Tinsel Town Sales Reduction Ambassador Supports UKFR

Na, **ck em :p

paul s and Damp Squib like this.
  3. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

See, I'm starting to think this is a grand master plan by @K9Girl.. really she loves them but has waged a year long campaign so they firstly get discounted and secondly there are plenty left in shops for her to go around and harvest for her display this year... :p

4. K9Girl

Discounted.......... they shouldn’t even give them away :p

paul s and hofnerite like this.
  5. RCT

RCT Supports UKFR

Your dog seems to like them, perhaps you should just buy them for him/her. Better than a pigs ear surely !
    And more importantly great to see a dogs point of view ! We are constantly hearing from the FAB that all dogs hate fireworks, they are clearly wrong again !

SilberWirbel and K9Girl like this.
  6. K9Girl

I fired one of the remaining TT tonight, this performed better but still a fair bit off what it should be :confused:

paul s and jester7272 like this.
  7. I'd be annoyed at that price point. I have Copper Rains this year and I'd be gutted if the actual performance was that far from posted videos.

8. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

There’s clearly a manufacturing issue with these. So erratic for a pressed cone.

K9Girl and hofnerite like this.
  9. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Like I've said before, the issue here is the ammonium perchlorate reacting with the high carbon steel filings during storage. Cast iron or any reactive metal requires a level of protection. In this case it should treated with boiling linsead oil and cooked until the linsead oil partially burns off to create a micro layer of protective film. The erratic nature is due to the oxidizer giving up it's oxygen to the iron dueing storage and the disappointing display of tinsel is because a lot of the iron has already undergone oxidation before getting lit. If they sort their process, this would be a great performer.

paul s and K9Girl like this.
  10. RCT

RCT Supports UKFR

@K9Girl , if you would like to buy one every year , and let us know when it finally performs well , that would be appreciated, until then definitely not on my list :).
    In fact a sponsor should give you one every year, because when you do advocate the product “Tinsel town “sales will go through the roof .

SilberWirbel likes this.
  11. K9Girl

:p

12. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Certainly non-offensive in anyway. That Blackbird you can hear in the background is happily singing over it.
    So in conclusion Dogs like them, Birds like them..

SilberWirbel and RCT like this.
  13. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Yeah, WHEN they perform well. Doubt they will do anything with them except strike them from the range. I hope yhey do improve yhem though because a decent cast iron gerb is one thing we don't see. Very rare as a consumer product.

RCT likes this.