Cake/Barrage Tornado From Fab Fireworks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Brands' started by Chorlton Fireworks, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Tornado
    1.3g
    981g
    25 M Safety Distance

RRP - TBC

AlanCee29, paul s and Flame like this.
  2. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

That's impressive Saj. Wish we could cope with un-meshed 1.3 storage. :(

3. Hire a storage cage :chaplin:

4. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

But they can only be used with designated items; not all 1.3G. I was going to buy some a couple of years back, but decided against it when I learned about the limitations.

5. Some Limitations yes .......... but can be used with the majority of 1.3g items from any brand as long as you have the correct information to work out the quantities you can store

6. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

I was led to believe it was more to do with the initial testing, and what items had been used in the tests.

7. AF Pyro

AF Pyro Pro Firer/Crew

The Pyropack is rated for certain product specifications, not specific products. As products develop and evolve and new ones come along, it would not be practical to have to go back and continually test the Pyropack against new fireworks!

Therefore, HSE in the UK agreed a technical specification which was proposed for product suitable for storage in the Pyropack and the quantities.

Now, the legal bit! It is down to each manufacturer to issue a statement of conformity as to what products within their range, meet the technical specification set out and agreed with HSE. It is not as simple as taking any 1.3G product and putting it in the Pyropack, someone has to put their neck on the line....and no, a retailer saying its "ok" doesn't count ;)

So if you have a Pyropack and want to put 1.3G in it, make sure you have something to cover you if Trading Standards, HSE or the Fire Service come knocking on your door!

elmo, paul s and Chorlton Fireworks like this.
  8. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Without wishing to get too complicated, what is the essence of the tech' spec' for suitable items?

9. AF Pyro

AF Pyro Pro Firer/Crew

It gets a bit technical (especially for a public forum) but in general, up to 2g flash per shot tube and can have rockets up to around 180g. That is the specification that HSE in the UK have agreed....other countries are slightly different but since HSE deal with storage in the UK, then that's what it has to be!

However, as stated before, the supplier has to make a statement of conformity, otherwise the retailer could be out on a limb!

elmo and paul s like this.
  10. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

So not much over 20mm bore in general..?

11. AlanCee29

AlanCee29 Supports UKFR

Looks good Saj

Chorlton Fireworks likes this.
  12. Thanks pal

13. I wouldn't agree with that

14. AF Pyro

AF Pyro Pro Firer/Crew

There are not many F2 or F3 shot tubes with more than 2g flash, even in 30mm tubes. The majority of 20mm tubes are less than 1g Flash, which would probably make them 1.3G but there are quite a few 30mm tubes with over 1g Flash but because of the 5% rule, they are 1.4G...strange but true!

paul s likes this.
  15. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

I stand corrected.
    What would be/is the reason for not classing more 1.3 cakes as suitable for the containers. Surely if a bigger range was available that would make pyropacks a much more attractive proposition.
    Apologies Saj, I'm well off topic :)