Trivia

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by Fireworks Nick, Jun 6, 2020.

1. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

Like Tubthumping by Chumbawamba (One of my favourites - well what would you expect from someone who likes a whisky drink and a cider drink!)

Put that, Bohemian Rhapsody and We All Stand Together together and you have 3 of my top favourites.

SilberWirbel likes this.
  2. nickjee

nickjee Supports UKFR

Two of my favourite for this would have to be "Estranged" by G'n'R and "Immigrant song" by Led Zeppelin. :)

3. Good ones :) A couple more- Hymn for the Weekend, and Annie's Song. :D

4. Classics - Baba o Riley by The Who, Bowie's Space Oddity, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. And in the spirit of your trivia questions, I'll add the following:

Which band gave titles to over 25% of their songs which did not appear in the song's lyrics - at least 25 out of 87 recognized tracks by the group?

RCT likes this.
  5. Flame

Flame Supports UKFR

The Shadows? o_O

6. nickjee

nickjee Supports UKFR

Led Zeppelin? o_O

jester7272 likes this.
  7. Well done @nickjee :cheers:

nickjee likes this.
  8. nickjee

nickjee Supports UKFR

Thanks @jester7272 , although, I should confess that I think I may have seen the same Google page as you! Albeit a couple of weeks ago following our own family quiz :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    jester7272 likes this.
  9. Damn these lockdown quizzes! I confess I used it a few weeks ago too for the same purpose :D:D:D

nickjee likes this.
  10. Ah, good ones- sorry Imissed that question! My guess would have been Madness- not sure why though.

Cardiac Arrest from Madness doesn't mention the ttitle in the song- but hints at it as a crossword clue. :p Think of 7 letters, begin and end in c....like a big American car but this spelt with a d...

One more question- How many Kings have been crowned King of England?

11. nickjee

nickjee Supports UKFR

Maybe about 30? Was thinking nothing past the Stewarts count, James I being king of England and Scotland? (Perhaps I'm over thinking the question though lol)

12. RocketRev

Hmmm.... church history + growing up in Alfred The Great's capital means I'm interested in this one.
    Some say that Alfred was the first King of England. But others say there were Saxon kings before him who qualify as Kings of England. So, counting them, I think the answer's 54.
    There were 2 uncrowned Kings of England, I think. Edward VIII was one and I've in mind another who I don't think was actually crowned many centuries ago. I could be wrong about that other one.....
    @nickjee Our James I was James VI of Scotland, so does qualify as a King of England.
    We did have a joint monarchy once (i.e. a King and a Queen at the same time.... not talking joint monarchy as in King of more than one country jointly).

nickjee likes this.
  13. Done Fettling

Done Fettling Supports UKFR

Two 1973 songs with the same beat and chords .One with the title of a roman candle make by a glam rock .group.The other by a singer who went on to define many era's with his constant changing of image's his version of that song was about a lady genie ?

14. sapphirepuddycat

sapphirepuddycat Supports UKFR

Blockbuster by Sweet and Jean Genie by David Bowie?

Done Fettling and Dayle Ward like this.
  15. I wanna say david bowie jean genie, and sweet: blockbuster

Done Fettling likes this.
  16. Didnt see that

17. Done Fettling

Done Fettling Supports UKFR

Nice one chaps.:)

18. Had me guessing for a good 20 minutes, was a good question

19. For the Kings: How many KINGS have been crowned King of England? Just one- King James VI . All the rest where Princes , Dukes etc when they were crowned!

Although, debatable. :p

20. RocketRev