Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by gareth71, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

Apologies if this is inappropriate for this forum, if deletion is considered appropriate I understand - but I've just read this and it's really boiled my piss.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-06-02/man-found-guilty-of-sex-abuse-of-children-as-young-as-six/

To think that I, and no doubt many others of us, have stood on the same firing site as this piece of garbage in the past, unaware of what he'd been up to, is sickening. I'm sure he'll have a lovely time in prison - they really love his type in there.

2. K9Girl

K9Girl Batteries not included Supports UKFR

3. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

4. Always kept my distance from him and his company / fundraising, sorry... scams. Always knew there was something about him.

Pyromania likes this.
  5. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

This is PDC Fireworks for those who still don’t know about it. We discussed the appearance of a thread on the subject when it first went to trial and since the guilty verdict have decided that, whilst we don’t want such a thread to rumble on, we do recognise people will want to get some anger off their chests, so we’ll run with it for now but please understand if it’s locked at some point.

Aside from the horrendous crimes (and the not guilty plea, forcing the victims to court), as Mark has said, there was a lot about this man that raised questions. I’m relieved he was never a UKFR Sponsor and really hope my donations at his event actually went to a good cause.

For the record, we removed his account here and anonymised his posts when the verdict was publicised.

6. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Supports UKFR

These are the sort of crimes that capital punishment should be allowed.

Hang the scumbag or chop his knob off at least...

Then hang him

Lazarus1258, geoff and Firework Crazy like this.
  7. danielpyronutter

Unfortunately he will be segregated from other inmates for his safety.

Human rights bollocks

8. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks British Firework Champions 2018 UKFR Sponsor

It was a shock when I first heard about this at the beginning of the year but that quickly turned to anger when the allegations were reinforced as time went on. While in recent years we were nothing more than polite face to face acquaintances on the competition field with an actual dislike for each other it is no secret we worked together on The Big Bang UKFR Event back in 2012.

While Paul seemed like an odd fellow (much like a lot of people in fireworks) I would never have until hearing about the case suspected anything of the sort - what is clear is how well he kept his disturbing and filthy behaviour away from the world. In the weeks running up to The Big Bang I spent time in his home and with his family - I got to know his Children. The UKFR Meet was a great event (the proceeds of which went via Doug and Clive - DC Fireworks to a charity of their choice). I can’t speak for any of the other fundraisers he appealed for your help with.

The event was stressful, some fallout took its toll and Paul and I didn’t speak much after unless on a Firework Champions competition site or other industry events. I believe he was also responsible for some commercial sabotage or at least slander in the early days of Illusion Fireworks.

One thing is for sure, if I knew what I know now, as a parent myself, I would have shut him in his container and lit a fuse.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  9. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

He should get a whole life tariff with no prospect of parole. :mad:

10. Totally agree.

11. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

Given the way sentencing within the UK justice system seems to be something of a lottery, with apparently little in the way of consistency or making the magnitude of the sentence appropriate to the crime committed, who's to say what his sentence will be. I'd imagine that a couple of things are pretty certain, though - his time in prison will be absolute hell (oh dear, what a shame) ; and he'll hopefully be made utterly miserable in any future existence he might attempt to eke out in civilised society (if he ever makes it that far), as I can't imagine him being accepted as a peer by anyone who knows who he is or what he's done.

What's also a little odd is the fact that, in am industry as small as this one, this is the second firework company owner in just a couple of years to be convicted of crimes of a sexual nature committed against minors.

Pete, I appreciate your restraint in allowing this thread to run for the time being - even as I was typing the first post, I was thinking that it would probably be one whose existence on the forum was a little short-lived! But in some ways it's no different to the sort of conversation that people would have with each other on a show site, or in the pub afterwards. Hopefully it'll remain civil.

12. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

I suspect you echo the sentiments felt by many of us, Karl. I only met him briefly while crewing at one of the Firework Champs events a couple of years back, and it sickens me to think that not only was I breathing the same air as this piece of dirt, but the friendly family-orientated nature of events like Champs meant that some of the people on site had their partners and kids with them - and let's be honest, on a closed, safe site like that it wouldn't be unreasonable to think it would be fine to let one's kids run off and have a play for a while. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

13. drummer73

drummer73 Supports UKFR

People like that shouldn't be incarcerated, they should be sent to Huntingdon life sciences and tested on instead of the animals. At least that would make some use of them while they had a slow and painful demise.

Fireworks South Wales likes this.
  14. danielpyronutter

Indeed, now we will all have to pay to feed, shelter and cloth him fof however long he stays in there.

Just hang him f##@ing nonse.

15. starseeker

starseeker Pro Firer/Crew

Totally bloody shocked ,met him on a few occasions like others here ,lost for words really .

16. Disgusting.. just looking at him makes me feel sick.

17. luke

luke Pro Firer/Crew

I've not commented up until now.
    I never worked for him, but had met a few times and came close to helping at a couple of comps through cotnacts. It's downright disgusting what he has done and I hope he goes down for a long stretch as those that have been effected will bear the mental scars for the rest of there lives.
    I knew the other person in the industry who was convicted a lot better and it makes my skin crawl, how you can trust someone and potentially put your whole family through major upheaval following there vision when they were living a lie.

18. Skydazzle Pyrotechnics

Skydazzle Pyrotechnics Pro Firer/Crew

Friggin' animal. And to think I raised money for him to replace firing equipment that went AWOL at the big bang...…….. Total scumbag!!!

Pyromania and Illusion Fireworks like this.
  19. Pyromania

Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew

Sadly Mike - and I don’t think I’m alone in thinking this - that nothing ever really went missing either - which makes your hard work in helping to raise money (and others who donated) even more of an insult. Obviously it pales in comparison to the heinous crimes that he had now been convicted of, but nonetheless shows the whole character of the man was one not to be trusted.

elmo and Illusion Fireworks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.