Vintage British firework posters

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by standard steve, Nov 26, 2015.

1. standard steve

standard steve Supports UKFR

great poster tony, never seen that one before . great art work .
    It would look nice in my collection !

2. I have this one ... one of my favourites as a kid in the 60s I used to look for this in the newsagents window, then get some money and send someone in for some Fireworks .. Golden Days

standard steve likes this.
  3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Knew I had seen these somewhere before, cut down presumably by a shop owner, note no price marking in the versions I have

Attached Files:

Richard Lane and Sparkler like this.
  4. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

some new additions
    IMG_2300 (2).JPG IMG_7801.JPG IMG_7823.JPG

5. Like the brocks bazooka poster.

Johnny Edward Ludick likes this.
  6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Like this on as it shows the old style boxes with their newer replacements, not a big fan of this era but as a research piece this one has some merit.

IMG_7797.JPG

8. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

IMG_2086.JPG IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2101.JPG IMG_2096.JPG ....Just love these 'oldies'

9. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Richard, love that Brocks poster.......... This has reminded me that I have a number of posters that I need to get framed up for putting in the house........

10. Who were Globe Fireworks?,never heard of that brand!

11. A standard fireworks poster showing selection boxes from 1990, thing I find strange about the C box pictured on the poster and in the brochure of that year is different to the usual type ones, I've never seen one like this in the flesh, so perhaps like a prototype?.

Attached Files:

12. 1536013917992-1925011708.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Standard poster showing selection boxes from 1991 with the actual prices marked up by the shop keeper and also one from the mid 1980s which has uploaded smaller with the earlier boxes.

Johnny Edward Ludick likes this.
  14. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

a few more posters
    IMG_7190 (2).JPG IMG_7196 (2).JPG

15. standard steve

thanks tony , for posting on the right post ! the condition of your posters is excellent . you will make a poster boy yet !

16. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

from same source......... the one I added to my collection
    s-l1600 (2).jpg

17. standard steve

that's the one kevin , nice to see again !

18. I remember the Standard 2/6 box, i must be getting old, lol!, i can remember exactly where i bought it from too and it was absolutely packed full of fireworks!

standard steve likes this.
  19. I particularly love the posters with the blue backgrounds because it's as though they've been printed on touchpaper.

20. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A couple more that I've had framed..

IMG_9644.JPG IMG_9646 (2).JPG