Vintage Firework Art Project

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Firework Art, May 5, 2021.

1. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Mark...I have a range of these in my collection...I’ll look them out when I’m at the workshop tomorrow and I’ll send images thru.
    Richard
    ( I think there are other colours than red)

Firework Art likes this.
  2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I can't access my image database at the moment but will also check when I can.

3. Firework Art

Firework Art Supports UKFR

Many thanks all.

4. lol

5. They were always red, Standard did use blue, the Telstar being one and later there were black ones but the majority were red.

Firework Art likes this.
  6. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

I bet you've got loads of fired ones in your shed!

standard steve likes this.
  7. kevin and richard , have loads of burnt a fired fireworks if any one is interested get in touch with them !

8. I did have but Richard took most of them so he will have loads of spikes.

Firework Art likes this.
  9. Richard Lane

Mark. Congratulations on your latest venture..truly great idea.
    I think the suggestions are all good..particularly the mugs..(From Mines!).and the whizz wheel drinks mats.
    An incredible amount of skill required in the painting...well done indeed.
    Looking forward to the exhibition ..and I’d love to aquire some too.
    Richard

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Firework Art likes this.
  10. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Yeah Mark, so get throwing! We're all queuing up!

Firework Art likes this.
  11. Firework Art

Hi all, I have a question about the Pain's Aerial Bomb, which I'm making next (and it's a monster!). I never actually saw one in action, although I no doubt heard them, and am wondering what they did. Where they simply a repeating maroon or was there more of an effect to the burst? Also, what's the difference between the Aerial Bomb and Aerial Bomb Thrower? Thanks in advance to satisfying my curiosity.

12. This firework was a single shot air bomb firing one salute with a bright flash, the two fireworks are exactly the same, they just added the word Thrower to it in later years. i have fired loads of these in the past and they didn't always go bang!, there was a bigger version too which fired three salutes.

Firework Art likes this.
  13. Firework Art

Cheers, Peter. I guess they must have been a lot louder than a Standard Air Bomb, considering their far greater size. I wish I'd seen one in action.

Peter Mackett likes this.
  14. Actually they were no louder at all than a Standard Air Bomb, just a longer tube.

Firework Art likes this.
  15. Firework Art

Hi all, just a quick update on the project. The latest two pieces are well under way - Pain's Aerial Bomb and Wells' Path Finder. There's quite a difference in size between the two! Most of the outer detailing is done, and all that's left is to make them look used with the blackening of the insides and the various burn effects on the labels. Astra Crackling Cauldron next.

Attached Files:

16. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

They’re amazing, really well done :)

Firework Art likes this.
  17. Richard Lane

Mark…..Absolutely first class…very very well done.
    I’ve been heavily involved with restoring blue touch fireworks for simply years and years..and I figure a know a little about them now..suffice to say that your work is truly excellent…brilliant…the attention to the fine detail is really well wrought.
    The Bomb Thrower has always struck me a really great piece of artwork in its own right ..great copy!
    Richard

Firework Art likes this.
  18. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

Peter Mackett and Firework Art like this.
  19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Another iconic design..........
    IMG_1130 (2).JPG IMG_1131 (2).JPG

20. Firework Art

Firefiend :- Humming Spider is on my shortlist, along with the Pains Martian Ray. To be honest, my shortlist is anything but short. There are so many iconic designs from across all makers that I could be churning these things out for years!

My next batch will hopefully include something from Rainbow, Wallop, Brock's, Lion and Wilder's

Escht :- The Rising Sun is a lovely design. I like making cones so It could end up on the list.

Firefiend likes this.