Wells display card..and Flowerpot

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Crouchy, May 14, 2019.

1. i have been offered these couple of bits and all though I have the display card it’s a lot more than what I paid for mine..Any idea on value..Cheers

Attached Files:

2. I value anything as what you’re prepared to pay for it, but the card I have seen sold for anything between £50 to £150 depending on the condition as some are quite poor, and there are a few mint/unused ones, I know where they came from, if that helps. There are a few about but don’t seem to come up for sale very often. Having said that, I don’t look for stuff much now.

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I was offered one few weeks back at £150, turned it down. .......

standard steve likes this.
  4. It would have to be totally mint/unused for that price but that’s the max I would say and only to get your money back at best should it be resold. The tricky bit is getting the right box to fit in the gap on it.

Escht likes this.
  5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I wouldn’t pay anything like £150 for one even if it was for my collection as I have seen a few of these over the years and I personally don’t value them enough to pay top dollar.
    I saw one at an antiques fair last year and they were asking over £300.
    I believe it was sold as never saw it again but for how much I have no idea.
    Like Chris said......anything is only worth what someone wants to pay for it at the time.

6. I used polystyrene on mine , easy to cut , and theres loads of it about. , no damage with it also ,
    plus , I paid no where near the money being mentioned . mind you I am a tight Yorkshire man . lol

7. I think it’s a Well’s 5/- box that goes into the gap at the front when the card is assembled and stood up