What did you all get up to nye

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by DaleMartin, Jan 1, 2020.

1. IMG_20191231_212033.jpg IMG_20191231_192740.jpg

Attached Files:

2. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

If that’s a back garden display then I am super impressed :)

DaleMartin likes this.
  3. communal area behind my friends flats, one of the residents works for the council and kindly got us permission :)

SilberWirbel and WR3_Pyro like this.
  4. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

Nice I bet the residents loved it :) (hopefully aha!)

DaleMartin likes this.
  5. pyroplayer

pyroplayer Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Fired the 1812 Overture for a hogmanay wedding for the bells

6. Flowerpot Master

Flowerpot Master Pro Firer/Crew

I actually had no shows this year so went and got wrecked lol!

DaleMartin and hofnerite like this.
  7. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

Fired a show on the llyn peninsula, beautiful night with no clouds and listening to the waves fall on to the beach before firing was a real calming moment for me after a not to great a year.

8. 7 min wedding show
    Then made it home with 45 mins to spare to deploy my own, grab a shower, neck 6 beers and upset the locals but see the new year in with friends and family.

DaleMartin, Beal and hofnerite like this.
  9. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Lit 4 x Redemptions all at once. No footage. Tequila.

DaleMartin and Pete Wright like this.
  10. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

Enjoying a glass of Madeira wine & slice of Bolo de Mel - both bought on holiday in Madeira during the year - while watching the London fireworks on TV, at home with Mrs RR.

2019 was a nothing spent on Pyro, nothing lit - apart from 4 confetti streamer pods of Lemaitre stage effects for a church service - for me.
    I did see plenty of pyro though - in Valencia & Southport and some trade demos.

DaleMartin likes this.
  11. Hay that was a nice show and nicely filmed

pyroplayer likes this.
  12. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

The community display I went to over New Year was great, all shop-bought F2/F3, huge bonfire, no incidents, fire engine there on standby and fully marshalled, massive village turnout in the pub/hall with sales of food helping towards costs. Not very many anti-fireworks people in that part of Suffolk!

13. I don't usually fire on NYE but this year I had one of the Klasek cakes leftover. We fired it in a local location. There was quite a bit going off, but probably fair to say it set the standard!

Madfish, Pyro Pete and DaleMartin like this.
  14. Kinda late on editing and posting this but I still wanted to share it with you guys and gals :D

Whiskers, DaleMartin, Krony and 3 others like this.
  15. Had a display as I didn't have one for bfn, invited everyone from the village, huge bonfire, hotdogs, burgers,jacket spuds, tea, coffee, mulled wine. Great night.

Da Main Mouse and Pyro Pete like this.
  16. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Well done - nicely fired and great to see it from the firer's point of view :)

SourceTM likes this.
  17. GTRpyro

GTRpyro Pro Firer/Crew

A few clips taken from someone who filmed most of the show from my position. Was only 6 min 34 second script, but only managed to get about 5 mins of it in sections. Also cursed by the wind blowing the complete opposite direction to normal at this time of year and the VIV48Z-001 cake that was meant to fire as slices to match / acompany the handful of rockets throughout the show (as it did on the 1st 'slice'), s**t itself during the crossette Z cake, leaving the bottom half a bit blank every so often. Gave a nice peacock effect though ;)...

Also got 3 short snippets from someone who filmed from their window just over 3/4 of a mile away. They loved the show too (as usual)...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    DaleMartin likes this.