Wilders before Brocks

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Mystic Juggler, May 9, 2019.

1. Mystic Juggler

Mystic Juggler Supports UKFR

Hi over the years i have been lucky enough to find a few earlier Wilders fireworks, i dont know why i keep stumbling over them as i don't have much luck with other earlier brands, but it has lead me to favor this brand a bit more. So i thought id start a thread on just this brand as looking through the forum i don't see much in the way of their pre Brocks takeover. I attach pic's of my finds the latest being ( and the prompt for this post) a Wilders of Birmingham tealight holder.
    Does anyone else on the forum have any of their earlier fireworks or advertising maybe even a show card! as id love to see what else is out there and what they also produced. Also attached a very early poster that some lucky person has on line but i cant get hold of them to get a copy. DSC_5624.JPG DSC_5921.JPG DSC_5922.JPG DSC_5923.JPG DSC_5927.JPG DSC_5928.JPG DSC_5930.JPG lamp3.jpg poster-4.jpg

2. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

heres some of my wilders posters
    IMG_0721 (2).JPG
    WP_20151128_024.jpg IMG_2301 (2).JPG

3. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

4. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

5. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Love this, it reminds me of what it was like when I was a kid... nearly every garden had Fireworks .. It was like a competition .. Great fun , and if you didn't get on with someone you would send a Rocket there way lol

6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

It's my favourite poster, .plan to get it framed and on the lounge wall................... it is exactly how I remember bonfire nights even with neighbors watching from upstairs windows............ with us it was the battle of who had the best helicopter / flyers , that was the year my 1/- Standard Aeroplane let me down badly........ and I was not a happy chappy..........

fozzboy and Jamie Thornton like this.
  7. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Simply amazing what has survived and what may lurk in dark corners awaiting discovery...

8. that sounds like kevin ! lol

Tinderbox and TONYB like this.
  9. We used to do that too, always a bit of rocket wars on November 5th usually between my Brothers friends, one year our neighbours down the bottom shot a rocket that narrowly missed me so he fired one back and it smashed the outside toilet window!, nothing was ever said, it was all part of bonfire night, as well as the fireworks we always tried to out do each other with the fire and see who could build the biggest, i remember one neighbour dragging the best part of a tree trunk in the garden one year which got dragged back out again after the 5th as it was hardly scorched, let alone burnt!

Johnny Edward Ludick and fozzboy like this.
  10. Note to the FABS: the dog seems to be enjoying it too! :p:D

11. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

and the cat :D

TerenceFawkes likes this.
  12. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I know but it's so true.

13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Lurking in deepest darkest Bedfordshire.......... although to be fair the sun is shining

14. Whats strikes me with the glorious Wilders poster that Escht has posted is that it could easily pass as a front cover for a comic annual. Totally immersive and captures the pure ethos of bygone Bonfire Nights. Love how the artist has portrayed the dog being distracted by the folk peering over the fence rather than being worried by the bonfire :D

TerenceFawkes likes this.
  15. Mystic Juggler

Mystic Juggler Supports UKFR

I had a poke around on the net this evening and came up with this poster i hadn't seen before. Unusual to have such a nice advert during the war period or maybe it was just after. Question is which one, the poster looks 20's to me.
    Poster-of-the-Fireworks-D5296-3-2-pt..jpg

16. Parachute Lights!, where can i get some war signals?, lol!, don't think the parachutes would have been that elaborate!

Johnny Edward Ludick likes this.
  17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

First World War or just after..........