Will people throw brexit parties on the 31st jan?

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by Cheltenham Fireworks, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Thoughts on will we as a nation celebrate leaving the EU? Could it become a date we celebrate over the years or am I just hoping it gives us another excuse to scratch the pyro itch?

Repington and SilberWirbel like this.
  2. Perhaps sales of these will go through the roof:

49EA20D2-F2DF-42D9-8661-F81D0EBBD3E1.jpeg

GreatMarko, SilberWirbel and PyroKid like this.
  3. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Why? You really think it's going to happen in a month's time? :D:toldoff:

standard steve likes this.
  4. maxywell

maxywell Supports UKFR

Would be nice if it did happen but i think most people would rather forget about it once it's done.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  5. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

No Way! I'd rather be anti-fireworks!

biovalve, MrDan, Jake01 and 6 others like this.
  6. Flowerpot Master

Flowerpot Master Pro Firer/Crew

I'll only celebrate something worth celebrating like if they made it a bank holiday lol!

SilberWirbel likes this.
  7. Arthur

Arthur Pro Firer/Crew

Can we have a firework worthy celebration at a warm dry time of year please?

GreatMarko, Jon, Limonskaya and 4 others like this.
  8. I wont be celebrating personally but i can see how others might be tempted....

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Jake01 likes this.
  9. Flame

Flame Supports UKFR

Pyrokid, yours could be a very apt avatar

PyroKid likes this.
  10. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Not something I'll be celebrating. I'll be hiding away in shame of what we've become as a nation... Besides, who needs an excuse to let fireworks off? Not me!

Air Bomb King, RCT, MrDan and 6 others like this.
  11. A day of celebration for me

TONYB, starseeker, Georgeh and 3 others like this.
  12. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Good luck.

13. I see it as a win for fireworks, Conservatives love fireworks, other political parties would of been up for scrapping tradition if it meant they could look ‘progressive’ whatever the fuck that means :’) what we were going to become is a nation riddled with the type of people protesting last night in London calling for.. wait for it.. democracy.

14. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

They are going to have to wait for a LONG LONG time yet. It's not even begun yet...

hofnerite likes this.
  15. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Brexit celebrations ? You'll get linched by angry mobs for being a racist and a xenophobe, an idiot, and now, antisocial. Just best to keep quiet about it, just like we all did running up to the election, securing the massive landslide.

Whiskers, Paul pyro, WR3_Pyro and 3 others like this.
  16. Ah politics?! Best that you all stick to pyro I think

Pyro Ed, RCT and danielpyronutter like this.
  17. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

We're trying to :p

MrDan likes this.
  18. Quite surprised at the amount of consumers, purchasing fireworks and rockets for January 31st.

Northeast Fireworks and elmo like this.
  19. Our shop is technically closed in January what with preparing for Spring Fair and all that but we were forced to open the doors this week for Brexiters.

My (only funny to myself it seems) comment that we only accept Euros didn't go down as well as I expected.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  20. Flame

Flame Supports UKFR

I hope you both reminded everybody (after they'd paid of course) that we don't leave till 23:00 by which time it is illegal to set off fireworks.:rolleyes: