Wireless Pyro Solutions 5-year anniversary sale (25% off)

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by Wireless Pyro Solutions, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Celebrating 5 years of WPS with a flash sale on 3rd and 4th October 2020. 25% discount for all WPS products (excludes accessories). Get some great deals while the stock lasts - next sale might happen only in another 5 years time :)
    upload_2020-9-20_13-6-25.png

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  2. Do we get member invites if we purchase more than £500 if we're not a member ourselves ??

3. Only WPS members get three invites :)

4. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

So we can't become members just by buying over £500 of kit?

5. No, invitation only. Obviously for the sale, the 10% WPS member discount is not summed together.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    blackbat likes this.
  6. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

How many igniters will fire off 1 cue? I am really tempted by the pro model, only issue I have is I have a Linux laptop, not sure the software will work with it and wine sucks!

7. It will not work in wine, but should work in virtual machine.
    How many ignitors depend on too many variables. Check Section 4.1 in user manual for more details.

8. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

That’s really helpful, yeah I didn’t know whether I fancied using virtual machines to do stuff like this but I suppose once the script is done it can be loaded straight to the mote and won’t be reliant on the laptop? If I was doing a pyro musical does this need to be ran from the laptop to ensure music/cue sync?

Thanks for that makes perfect sense regarding igniters!

9. Yes, for Pyro musical you would need a way to run PyroIgnitionControl to synchronise with music.

10. And we are live. 25% discount is applied at the checkout!

11. Just a heads up, save another 3% on Paypal fees if you pay via bank transfer directly. Message me with your cart contents.

12. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

I sense a move away from hand firing for me. Sad in a way, because I love hand firing. And rothy to visco or PIC is pretty much unbeatable and I've never had anything near the number of failed to light I keep reading people have with igniters / e-matches etc. But electrical firing does have some advantages - like being able to step back and watch the fireworks. I'm no stranger to electrical firing - I've done it as professional display crew and I've my own LeMaitre firing systems (3 of them! 2 mains powered, 1 battery powered.) that I use in church and school. Using battery power inverters would allow me to use the mains powered Lemaitre systems outdoors. But I've kept an eye on WPS systems since meeting Ivars at Las Fallas in Valencia a few years ago. I reckon WPS systems will suit me better than anything else I've seen or used so far. So a WPS Hobby bundle has now been ordered. It'll suit me for personal use at home this year. Moving to a new post meant not doing a community display last year and the pandemic means I won't do one this year. But folk in the parish I've moved to want me to see if we can start up a community display eventually. If that comes about, I can add more firing kit later. :)

13. Iv brought another tiny bundle to compliment the one I brought from @K9Girl and two extra slats which I feel will work for the singles and up front things perfect for when we have our display :)

14. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

@Wireless Pyro Solutions
    On the website under the wps hobby section, it lists it with a 12v lead acid battery, but on the bundles section, its a 14.8v lipo battery. Are they both going to be lipo batteries and the hobby page needs an update or are they 2 separate batteries needing 2 different chargers?

15. All modules come with LiPo only. Not sure where you are seeing references to 12v lead acid?

16. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

Apologies @Wireless Pyro Solutions I had noscript/adblocking running in my browser, enabled your site fully and 12v LA battery option changed to lipo. What time does the sale finish tonight?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  17. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

Just ordered :eek:

WR3_Pyro, Pidgey and Beal like this.
  18. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

Yeah I ended up plumping for the WPS system too :) felt that it offered the best value for my wants and needs! Can’t wait to play!

SwissTony and Pidgey like this.
  19. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

Just got a DHL email through, new toy turns up tomorrow :)
    Need to get some kind of leds or lamps to work out what to do with it.

K9Girl likes this.