WPS SYNC FAILED

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by Adam Blastock, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Adam Blastock

Adam Blastock Supports UKFR

Hello all,

For some reason, I can't sync my tiny and my pro to my mote?

Any Suggestions

2. none of the units can be synced? Do you see the blue LED blinking on any of the modules? Also are you on the same channel?

3. Adam Blastock

I have managed to sync them I had to take the antenna off and that seems to resolve the issue. The only other issue is that when I search for the modules it doesn't find the pro unless one of the tiny's is turned on.

4. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

5. SwissTony

SwissTony Pro Firer/Crew

Are you trying to sync them all at the same time or one at a time? What is your process for syncing each one? I have 2 wps hobby modules, I do one module at a time, scroll down to sync on the module, choose a channel and then go to sync on the remote.

6. I think he was having issues with third party Pyro Ignition Control, not with syncing itself.

7. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

K9Girl likes this.
  8. Adam Blastock

Yeah, looks like a software bug with the third party software

9. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

So did you get to the bottom of how the bug manifests itself? I can demonstrate similar behaviour. Three mods turned on, and they can all be seen in pyroignition control. Turn one off and the other two disappear

10. Adam Blastock

No no idea bit disappointing

11. blackbat

It seems to be to do with how many modules are synced to the remote compared with how many are being tested. I unsynced my channel 2 and channel 3 modules then I could detect the first on channel 1 on its own. Even with all three synced and only one in use it fires a display fine though, it's just the continuity check through PyroIgnition Control which seems a bit flaky unless all three are on.

12. PyroIgnitionControl requires for all synced modules to be on and responding for it to display testing correctly. Does not affect firing though.
    If you are not using modules on the show (especially if you have lots of them), it is better to unsync them from the WPS mote - that will also improve general responsiveness, as it does not need to keep re-checking modules that are not online.

blackbat likes this.
  13. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

I had issues because I was using a windows VM inside a Linux environment, I had to piss around with COM settings, and translating the Linux equivalents into the windows VM. Eventually I got it syncing fine with the software although I will be investing in a windows machine going forward which I never thought I’d ever say again...

14. You know, second-hand windows laptop ain't that expensive. Even 5-10 year old laptop will be ok for the purpose.

15. cooperman435

cooperman435 Pro Firer/Crew

Has anyone checked the MAC address assigned to the receivers as I had issues with duplicate addresses causing issues?

16. blackbat

This is a problem when they are not all turned on though. If several modules are synced with the remote and only one module turned on then pyro ignition control won't detect it for continuity testing. I don't see how duplicate mac addresses, even if they existed, would cause that sort of issue.

17. Everyone who is having a problem within PyroIgnitionControl (PIC) test - try reducing "ACK retries" in WPS mote Advanced settings.

What happens is that PIC times out on test if it doesn't get any message in a while - from offline modules for example. Unsyncing unused modules is still the suggested procedure though.

18. blackbat

In an ideal world it would only report back on the modules it can see and ignore anything that was offline, but I appreciate it's free software :). Do you know who wrote PIC? I guess it's not under active development any more. Still, it's impressive for a bit of free software and ticks the boxes for functionality.