1. Adam Blastock

Adam Blastock Supports UKFR

Good evening all,

As lockdown continues I am trying to do all the little jobs that don't get done. I need some advice I got a WPS Pro system and 2 Tiny back in June this year. I currently have 12 slats. I want to look after my equipment as best as I can. Can anyone recommend any cases that would keep the slats covered during a show and keep them in good conditions in storage? Same with the Tiny and the remote.

Kind Regards

WR3_Pyro and Beal like this.
  2. K9Girl

K9Girl Tinsel Town Sales Reduction Ambassador Supports UKFR

I used to put my Tinys on a bracket of wood, to keep it off the ground then just used a plastic bag over it, works perfectly.
    With the slats I would put a stake in the ground, cable tie the slat to it, and when connected with the wires bag it to keep it dry.

I use loads of ’Really Useful’ boxes to store pretty much everything, they come in so many sizes!

In daylight tomorrow ill take a pic of my wood bracket thing I used for the Tinys, they news to benuses in the correct orientation to work properly with the aerials :)

Adam Blastock and Beal like this.
  3. K9Girl

I use a B & W type 500 case for the Mote :)

6BBF7039-E2FD-475E-BBC8-912298A1B754.jpeg A6817311-A54B-491C-94E1-AA117B267DE0.jpeg

deans6571 and Adam Blastock like this.
  4. Beal

Beal Supports UKFR

Interesting thread. I’ve been thinking about this. I used a tiny on the 4th Nov set up abt 3pm and the dew came down quite heavy and was almost running off the tiny and the slat as I hadn’t covered anything.

I was thinking of some plastic boxes maybe Chinese takeaway type things for the slats and then foiling them up if there in the middle of the action. Or I can get a steel troughing from work I could just place over the slat but not sure if that would still let the damp in.

5. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

Yeah I was wondering exactly the same for slat protection, they seem pretty rugged but obviously nice to keep them smart. Il come up with something between now and NYE :)

6. K9Girl

This is what I did for my Minis, when connected up just cable tie a plastic bag over the lot.
    Keeps them dry, in the correct orientation for best working and up off of the ground. :)

87950937-CF6A-4DB1-9323-24AB7364454E.jpeg 782B7E42-1798-480D-99F9-A9CD7F1E5CF2.jpeg

PyroBoris likes this.
  7. PyroBoris

PyroBoris Pro Firer/Crew

looks a bit hangman to me! :) I paid no heed to the mini orientation and I suspect fell foul of it recently! was good to find to out about the planes of the radio frequencies.

K9Girl likes this.
  8. K9Girl

Action Man and Barbie should be worried o_O

9. Beal

Beal Supports UKFR

WR3_Pyro likes this.
  10. Well made plastic containers will be a good shout. Food containers etc, file a little grove in the side or edge to that the lid won’t come off when multiple igniters are being used.

If you do have a little more budget then waterproof-cases.co.uk is good - hunt on eBay if you are happy about second hand cases.

I use MAX cases or for some kit I’ve been lucky to get hold of Peli cases at a very reasonable price.

Hope this helps.