We are Fireworks Forum ("we", "our", "us"). We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have questions about your personal information please contact us.
What information we hold about you
The type of data that we collect and process includes:
- Your name or username, which you fill in during registration. It is not a requirement that you enter your real name, an alias or "handle" is fine.
- Your email address. We need this to send you a link to verify your email address is real.
- Your IP address.
- Your location. We ask you to fill this in when you register to help out with questions asking where to buy fireworks - a location is handy! You only need to enter your town or even just your county if you're privacy conscious.
- Your date of birth. We ask for this so the forum knows you are over 18 years old, which is a requirement of registering.
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.
We collect some or all of this information in the following cases:
- You register as a member on this site.
- You fill out our contact form.
- You fill out fields on your profile.
How your personal information is used
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- For the purposes of making you a registered member of our site, in order for you to contribute content to this site.
- We may use your email address to inform you of activity on our site as per your preferences, such as when you receive a new private message. By default, these options are all off. You have to opt-in to these.
- Your IP address is recorded when you perform certain actions on our site. Your IP address is never publicly visible.
Things that we don't do
Unlike most websites there are a number of things we don't do, as we're a bit anal about privacy too and want to try a different approach to respecting people's information.
- We don't use metrics, tracking, analytics or other statistical gathering scripts
- We don't use third party adverts or advertising scripts; adverts on UKFR are static graphics with a link to a website which does not contain any tracking or referral codes and we do not place cookies in relation to adverts nor share any information whatsoever about their placement or what you click on with any third party. You can verify this yourself by looking at the source HTML code of any page here. All advertisers are fireworks related and have a direct relationship with us.
- We actively remove personal contact information from public posts where we feel people have posted this in error, for example posting a contact phone number in response to a for sale advert.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect.
Cookies are small text files which are set by us on your computer which allow us to provide certain functionality on our site, such as being able to log in, or remembering certain preferences.
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.
Acceptance of this policy
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy at any time. You may be asked to review and re-accept the information in this policy if it changes in the future.