Terms of Service and Rules
UKFR FORUM RULES
Please take a few minutes to read these rules, which you must accept if you want to become an active member of our community.
The UKFR forum welcomes:
- Firework enthusiasts whatever your level of experience from complete beginner to experienced pyromaniac.
- Members of the fireworks trade. But see below about commercial use, which we don't allow for non-advertisers.
- Any member of the public seeking help or advice about fireworks.
The following is not welcome here:
- Commercial misuse. We do not allow spam in these forums. If you're a fireworks retailer, importer, manufacturer or display company you should not post commercially in any form (such as posting links, prices, adverts, references to own stock and services etc.). We do not allow unsolicited spamming of members through our messaging system. The use of sock puppet accounts to post fake reviews and testimonials is not allowed. If you want to promote yourself here, enquire about becoming a paid advertiser.
- NO CHINESE FACTORIES please - we've not had a single one in over 19 years that isn't spamming!
- People who don't like fireworks. This is a pro-fireworks website and forum. If you don't like fireworks and want to have a rant, do it somewhere else. No really, we delete content and accounts that are anti-fireworks.
- Posts about making your own fireworks or "making your own gunpowder" etc. Posts that in any way suggest the use of non-fireworks explosive devices or any such activities will be reported to the police along with your IP address.
- Posts about buying fireworks which are illegal in the UK from Poland or any other non-UK country which claim to ship to the UK. They're illegal and shipped illegally. You don't need to ask about them here and we will close new accounts posting about this.
- Any activity or content illegal under UK law, whether related to fireworks or not.
- Undercover reporters or any other individual attempting to source illegal fireworks or entice other members to break the law are strictly forbidden from using this forum. We have a robust policy against the use of illegal fireworks and will report such matters to the police.
- "Naming and shaming" style posts. These put us in an incredibly difficult position given that we cannot verify who is right or wrong. Due to this and potential defamation claims that may arise, please do not use this forum to "name and shame" regardless of how justified you feel this is.
- Abuse or flames of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Any other posting we consider to be unacceptable.
- Duplicate accounts. We do not allow duplicate or secondary accounts unless you have permission to create these.
Profile pictures: We encourage the uploading of your own profile picture and company logos are permitted providing you have permission to use them, but images must not contain URLs, phone numbers or other advertisements.
Usernames: These must not include words or phrases that are considered offensive, rude or anti-fireworks. Members using company names must have permission to do so. URLs (web addresses) and email addresses are not permitted as usernames on this forum since they could constitute indirect adverts or plugs.
We reserve the right to refuse membership to this forum. This can include individuals or companies who have previously broken our forum rules, required moderation, caused problems for other users, retailers who have posted spam, people who have infringed our copyright and so on.
If you breach these rules, the site owner or appointed moderators may at their discretion do one or more of the following:
- Remove, edit or close your posts.
- Ban you from using this forum any further.
- Refer the matter to the police.
Although the forum is moderated, we cannot always guarantee to notice an unacceptable posting. We would ask for members cooperation in notifying us of any posting that they feel is not acceptable by using the "Report" option under posts.
In posting in this forum, you understand that your posts become a permanent part of the forum. We do not remove content on request, nor do we grant members the rights to edit, amend or delete their own posts beyond a courtesy edit period for the purposes of spell correction. Members are therefore advised to ensure they are happy before posting and to stress that at all times members will be accountable for content they post in this forum.
We accept no responsibility for transactions carried out between members, for example buying and selling items. All such transactions are done at your own risk. Buyer beware! Be wary of sending money to people you have not met in person, or in ways that offer you no protection, or to people whose real world identity you have not verified.
Thank you for reading. Enjoy the forum.